Tab browsing causes UI merging problems

Doug Hanley hanleyman at adelphia.net
Sun Apr 28 02:25:47 BST 2002

On Saturday 27 April 2002 07:50 pm, George Staikos wrote:
> There is a bug in the Remove Tab entry of the context menu on the tab
> handle in konqueror.  If that entry is used, it causes the UI merge to
> happen again, so it duplicates the toolbar and menu entries.  This happens
> every time too. once I had a massive toolbar because of this.

I can't seem to figure out why that is happening.  Where exactly should I look
to fix this problem?  What function calls affect these toolbar entries?
Remove tab doesn't seem to do anything special that the other tab operations
do.  And why is it that only the last 5 entries that are affected? That seems
odd.

Oh yeah, and I'll have the new fix to tab icons out in a few days.  Along,
with the new names for the action icons that Torsten is making.

>1) Is it possible to make the tab-detaching code reparent the khtml widget to
> the new frame instead of reload the page?  Or is that too difficult?

It wasn't working well at all, so I decided to just use profiles instead.

> 2) Did you update the context menu?  It doesn't seem to contain updated
> actions.   We should at least have a Remove tab there, along with the
> shortcut keys.

I remember I tried putting Remove tab in the context menu, but it kept
crashing for some reason for some reason that I cant quite remember right
now.  I'll take a look at it later.

-- Doug