bookmark sidebar

David Faure david at mandrakesoft.com
Thu Apr 25 20:04:46 BST 2002

On Thursday 25 April 2002 15:52, Alexander Kellett wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 02:44:58PM +0100, Nick Brown wrote:
> > The konqueror sidebar for bookmarks does not have any of the functionality
> > of kdeditbookmarks. (Such as right click on item offering the same as in
> > keditbookmakrs)
>
> Okay, so its not only me that thinks this ;-)
>
> How does making keditbookmarks a kpart sound to
> everyone?

One thing that pops to my mind is that every change done to the tree
will have to be applied in all konq windows (and to invalidate the hidden menus
like kicker's and kdesktop's). So the "do changes, then save" logic
of keditbookmarks (which exists for this reason) can't be done there
(no save button, no support for "want to save?" when closing etc.)
So that part would have to have a default operation mode of 'do it at once'
and a special mode for keditbookmarks which only does changes in memory
and has support for saving. Unless everyone thinks the separate save in
keditbookmarks is crap, but I think that each and every bookmark toolbar
and sidebar updating all the time when making changes isn't nice.

Other than that, it sounds good.

David FAURE, david at mandrakesoft.com, faure at kde.org
http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david/