banking site broken

David Faure david at mandrakesoft.com
Mon Apr 22 09:39:35 BST 2002

On Wednesday 17 April 2002 20:44, Michael Reiher wrote:
> Hi!
>
> You won't believe it but my banking site is broken in khtml!;) Well, in fact it
> mostly seems to work. Just the navigation menu is broken, which in turn makes
> the whole site a bit useless.
>
> The most important issue is that the menuentry links(which don't just open a
> submenu) don't work i.e. I can't go to the transfers(Überweisung) page.
>
> The other things are mostly comsetical issues:
> - The whole menu is vertically misplaced. It should be below the image
> border_left.gif and the thin white line.
> - The horizontal alignment of menuentries looks somewhat broken. In IE (the one
> which comes whith win98, 4.something or what ever that is) and Linux Netscape
> 4.76 the entries are all left aligned.
> - The vertical alignment of the last button("Abmelden") broken(this probably
> vanishes if text would be left aligned).
> - After click on menu tooltip doesn't disappear. Only after you hover over
> another entry which shows a tooltip, move the mouse away then they disappear
> alltogether(i.e. if you trigger another onmouseout event, if I got that right).
>
> This is what it looks like in konqy:
> http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/~mr23/konqy.png
>
> This is what is looks like in Netscape:
> http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/~mr23/netscape.png

Is that the original website, or the testcase?
Here, the testcase shows almost nothing in Mozilla (just the background).
(but maybe it's just that you removed the Moz/NS specific code from the testcase)

> And this is a tar ball with with a somewhat cleaned up version of the html file
> and some files sourced from it.
> http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/~mr23/navmenu.tar.gz

I see no Javascript parse error, nor execution error, nor exception throwing....
so this is very hard to debug. Seems khtml related (rendering) more than
JS related... but it needs to be reduced to a much smaller testcase to be
debuggable ;(

David FAURE, david at mandrakesoft.com, faure at kde.org
http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/