tabbed browsing bugs

David Faure david at mandrakesoft.com
Sat Apr 20 08:45:26 BST 2002

On Saturday 20 April 2002 00:00, Doug Hanley wrote:
> On Friday 19 April 2002 03:05 am, David Faure wrote:

> > >   Yes.   I don't know exactly what linked views really does (in its
> > > entirety) so I can't recommend removing it at this point.
> >
> > It links views. Any number of views, not only the sidebar with another
> > view. See the "preview" profile for another use of that feature.
> > Do not remove it.
> > However, it would make sense that the sidebar gets linked with views of the
> > currently visible tab
> > (i.e. if any view in another tab has the "link checkbox" checked, it won't
> > have any effect, until that tab is made visible).
> > This is simply about changing the "view-follows-view" code to only honour
> > the visible tab, but also about checking the "linked" checkbox when
> > creating a new tab with a view in it? IIRC the old code auto-checked a view
> > when it was the only one, now this has to be "the only visible one"
> > (besides the sidebar).
>
> So what you're saying is when a new tab is created, check to see if the
> current view is linked and if so, link the new view.

Actually when _creating_ a new tab, you always have a single view in it, right?
In that case, just link it.
If creating a tab using a profile, then use whatever is in the profile, of course.

> Also, when doing view-follows-view, only honor views that are visible (literally using
> view->isVisible() to test).
Possibly (I don't remember a isVisible() method, must be new ;)

David FAURE, david at mandrakesoft.com, faure at kde.org
http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/