KIO Error Handling update

David Faure david at mandrakesoft.com
Tue Apr 16 09:22:20 BST 2002

On Wednesday 10 April 2002 11:21, Hamish Rodda wrote:
> The patches at the location above do the following:
>
> Patch 1: kio/kio
> * add a new KIO::ERR_CUSTOM for errors specified in XML
> * switch the dialog boxes to the detailed form
> * add isNetworkProtocol() to KProtocolInfo, so error messages can determine if
> the protocol uses a network or not (and thus whether to talk about servers &
> networks or not)
>
> Patch 2: khtml
> * enable new error messages in khtml_part
>
> Patch 3: http ioslave
> * an example of KCustomError usage
> * a few unrelated webdav fixes
>
> Patch 4: kdebase/konqueror
> * a bugfix to konq_run.cc so ampersands get through the error:/ system

Sounds all good (no time to look at details though).

> Still on the to-do list:
> * Make this change configurable (is this still wanted?)
I don't see a point in making this configurable.

> * Work in a way for the system to determine what the current action was (get /
> put / copy / move etc.)
Hmm, for the KonqRun / khtml stuff it's obviously always a GET.
But for the other cases ..... we don't have pseudo-rtti for jobs, the best
way is probably to dynamic_cast the job pointer, if you have it, to find
out what kind of class it is. Adding a virtual method would be better design,
but BIC.

> * Produce HTML files of all of the error messages written to date for review.
> * Add support for exec:/ URLs (any pointers for where to start - did
> KActiveLabel get this functionality yet?)
Yes.
kactivelabel.cpp-void KActiveLabel::openLink(const QString & link)
kactivelabel.cpp-{
kactivelabel.cpp-   QStringList args;
kactivelabel.cpp-   args << "exec" << link;
kactivelabel.cpp:   kapp->kdeinitExec("kfmclient", args);
kactivelabel.cpp-}

David FAURE, david at mandrakesoft.com, faure at kde.org
http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/