Questions about how to achieve some webdav extensions

Hamish Rodda meddie at yoyo.its.monash.edu.au
Wed Apr 10 10:54:04 BST 2002

I'm trying to work out how to implement certain fuctionality into the webdav
slave. I have looked through the different plugin options, but they don't seem
to do what's needed. Any advice appreciated...

1) The ability to cache arbitrary data about each file and directory. I guess
this has to be done in the ioslave? The reasons for this are several (source
editing, locking, keeping track of server and resource capabilities).

2) The ability to add any fuction to any URL with a specific protocol. Eg, if
you right-click on a webdav URL, you get "Lock", "Unlock", "Execute on server"
etc. fuctions.

3) The ability to add another page of options to the properties page, again
for any URL with a specific protocol. Also, can the new metainfo plugins work
in this way (not bound to the mimetype, but to the protocol)? If so, can new
key/value combos be added/deleted by the user arbitrarily?

4) I want to have advanced fuctionality (for webdav versioning support) in
konqeror, similar to the cervisia kpart; however I don't want to re-write
or cut & paste the file/iconview code - any way to accomplish this?

Cheers,

Hamish.