[Kexi] Linux Voice review, Kexi wins in the Databases category

cl at isbd.net cl at isbd.net
Mon Dec 14 12:13:39 UTC 2015

Jaroslaw Staniek <staniek at kde.org> wrote:

> The exclusive group or RAD users is not small but severely distributed
> so quite hard to reach. Misused spreadsheets for example are
> competitors too. There's always room for IT projects without any
> reasonable budget assigned.

Yes, that's my pet hate, people using spreadsheets for storing tables
of text information.  :-)

> PS: And I am unsure why would the LV claim there's no client-server
> architecture in such RAD tools if all database engines (but SQLite)
> have always been client-server. Maybe it's about the app and GUI on
> the server side?

A good, easy to use front-end (like Kexi may become or MS Access sort
of is) would encourage more use of databases.

I've been searching for a decent replacement for MS Access for ages
and still haven't found one.

My fundamental requirement is soemthing like Access' table view that
allows very simple creation and updating of a table.  I've yet to find
anything.

--
Chris Green
ยท