[Kexi] New compiled KEXI dose not work properly

Yaoyu Hu huyaoyu1986 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 06:59:49 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm new to KEXI and I have some weird problem with it.

I just compiled KEXI from source code on a 64bit Ubuntu 11.10. KEXI was the
only product I chose among other Calligra software.

I followed the instructions on the web pages of Calligra to compile and
install KEXI.

After the installation* *I want to try it out. And I launched KEXI from
command line, created a new database file. I checked out the 'KEXI user
base wiki' web site to learn how to create a new table, which can be found
at:
http://userbase.kde.org/Kexi/Handbook/Building_Simple_Databases/Designing_Database_Tables/The_Table_Designer_window
Then I noticed that KEXI was not working properly. When I was designing a
new table, the property editor of KEXI gave me a just blank view, nothing
(any options or buttons) could be found at that location of my window. And
if I try out the 'Primary Key' button nothing happens and KEXI complained
about 'no primary key problem' when I tried to save a table. It seemed that
some functionality of KEXI just didn't work.

I attached a screen shot to illustrate the problem more clearly. If there
is need to post any other information to help you locate the problem just
let me know.

It is the first time I post a message to this mailing list, sorry for
the interruption. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Yaoyu Hu
Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China.