[Kexi] Re: Kexi selected for Google Summer of Code!

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Mon May 2 12:39:29 CEST 2011

Hi Jaroslaw,

Reading this note[1], it seems that you want to use OSM for Kexi
marble widget you can use OSM sqlite3 database file and MBTiles

[1] http://community.kde.org/Kexi/Junior_Jobs/Map_Browser_Form_Widget/Log-2011-04-08

Sqlite3 database for offline:

a) OSM sqlite3 - OSM Tiles (i,e, map2sqlite)

b) MapBoxTiles (MBTiles)

See sample project of MBTiles in https://github.com/mapbox/route-me

Importer and Exporter of MBTiles

You can easily make Mapbox Maps  using TileMill

BTW, Spatialite has support for projection and GEOS. Supporting
spatialite / sqlite3 database in Kexi will make things easier to
implement more sensible marble widget in Kexi.

Here's the changelog of spatialite RC-4.
RC-4 [2010-11-14]

    * libspatialite
          o completely refactored CSV/TXT reader
          o now supporting KML and GML geometry output [AsKML(), AsGml()]
          o introduced a new SQL function supporting easy WGS84 POINTs
filtering: PtDistWithin()
          o fixed several memory leaks (mainly related with the new
WKT parser introduced in RC-3)
          o fixed some bugs
          o major updates to the build scripts
          o update: SQLite v.3.7.3 [introducing Geometry Callbacks
support: RTreeIntersects(), RTreeWithin(), RTreeContains(),

Regards, Noli