[Kexi] Re: Simple question on Kexi

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Fri Mar 4 14:58:43 CET 2011

On 4 March 2011 14:23, Barrie Minney <b_minney at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> I have a very simple question for you.
> I have a netbook running windows xp and an access 2003 database. Its a very
> simple database for recording site visits and exporting results as a csv
> file
>
> I am looking to replace this with a tablet that will run Android 3.
> I read somewhere that Kexi is a sqlite database.
> Will Kexi run on this tablet device?

Hello Barrie,
Thanks for the question.
As Qt is coming to Android[1], there are chances for Kexi on Android indeed.
It would reuse the efforts of the maemo/meego version[2].

Expect some results by the end of 2011. The project has not started yet.

You may ask if you can do to contribute? Of course.
The first thing is to share use cases with us, e.g. what actions would
you like to take on your android device, what kind of information
would be viewed, etc.
In fact you already started to share the use cases :)
We can share all this on our wikis if you prefer.

[1] http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2011/02/28/necessitas/
[2] http://www.piggz.co.uk/index.php?page=blogentry&id=61

 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek
 Kexi & Calligra (kexi-project.org, identi.ca/kexi, calligra-suite.org)
 KDE Software Development Platform on MS Windows (windows.kde.org)