[Kexi] Re: How to select (highlight) one column in Kexi 1.1.3?

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Fri Jan 7 09:56:04 CET 2011

On 7 January 2011 04:58, Swarup <dinbandhu at sprynet.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am using Kexi 1.1.3 (KOffice 1.6.3), and have a table of around 500
> rows. I need to be able to highlight one full column for:
>
> 1. printing the data in that column only;
> 2. copy/pasting the data in that column into another application, for
> example OO Writer.

Selecting a column is not possible with simple click. But user can
create a query which selects just one column (field) using the Query
Designer, and then run the query. Then the results should be available
for copying to clipboard, exporting to a file and printing.

> I would also like to be able to highlight part of the column for the
> same above two purposes-- for example say, 25 rows only of one column,
> for copy/paste or for printing.

That may be possible even with queries in Kexi but not always.
I mean, that you can proceed with the recipe explained above to create
a query showing single column, and then you can add condition to only
display 25 first rows. I said "may be possible" because for this to
work you need to assume you have primary key column defined with clean
sequence of numbers, e.g. 1, 2, ... 25. Then the condition would be
"id <= 25" in the "Condition" column of the query design view.

If something is not clear I can provide example .kexi file later.

 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek
 Kexi & Calligra (kexi-project.org, identi.ca/kexi, calligra-suite.org)
 KDE Software Development Platform on MS Windows (windows.kde.org)