[Kexi] Re: How do I get old Kexi?

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Fri Oct 15 14:21:11 CEST 2010

On 15 October 2010 11:33, Bob Mesibov <mesibov at southcom.com.au> wrote:
> Many thanks for that advice, Jaroslaw. Well, another possibility is to install the latest Kexi, as part of KOffice. Unfortunately, this is also not easy. The Mint repos only have 2.1, and Kexi isn't included. 2.2 would have to be built by the user.
>
> It looks like Kexi has 'slipped between the cracks' and isn't available as a separate application to current Mint users (including Mint 9 KDE users). Is there an agreement with kde.org that prevents you from organising the updated Kexi as a separate application?

Kexi shares increasingly more and more facilities with other KOffice
applications. Therefore common libraries are needed, called usually
something like kofficelibs.
Kexi if properly packaged by distro, can be installed separately. Only
user can decide to e.g. install KWord in addition.

I encourage you to talk to your distribution makers, we highly depend
on motivated, active users.

In any case please consider updating
http://userbase.kde.org/KOffice/Download if you have something to add
- you will save our (and other users) time. Thanks!

 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek
 Kexi & KOffice (http://kexi-project.org, http://identi.ca/kexi,
http://koffice.org)
 KDE Software Development Platform on MS Windows (http://windows.kde.org)