[Kexi] Re: How do I get old Kexi?

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Fri Oct 15 10:45:00 CEST 2010

On 15 October 2010 04:35, Bob Mesibov <mesibov at southcom.com.au> wrote:
> I upgraded to Linux Mint 9 from Mint 8 and the old Kexi is no longer in the repositories. I tried this advice

> but kexi is still not available. The .deb package kexi 1:1.6.3-7ubuntu10 on launchpad
>
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/lucid/i386/kexi/1:1.6.3-7ubuntu10
>
> has a list of dependencies. All are installed except koffice-libs, for which both '>=1:1.6.3' and '<<1:1.6.4' are listed, and I can't work out how to get around this - I can only install one or the other.
>
> Suggestions?

Bob,
For relatively modern hardware, solution is to setup virtual machine
with older distribution and have it for such purposes. If I had to
perform extensive testing various versions of the app, I would go this
way.
Old packages could stop work on newer versions of distributions, I
think, especially because dependencies (like libraries) are newer
there.
For the same reasone even building the old code on newer system is not
an option because you would have the old KDElibs (version 3.x) at
least present, what is probably also missing on newer version of most
distributions.

 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek
 Kexi & KOffice (http://kexi-project.org, http://identi.ca/kexi,
http://koffice.org)