[Kexi] (SOLVED) How to install Kexi

Ian "Witty" Whitfield editor at federalsaints.net
Wed Nov 17 12:23:23 CET 2010

Thanks all for the help.

As of this morning I have Kexi up and running on my Kubuntu 10.04. Just
starting to poke around with it and so far I like what I see. Right now
trying to find how to export my data out of ooBase to CSV so that I can
get it into Kexi.

The two secrets - that were tripping me up - seem to be...

1) You MUST have the Backports enabled!!! (This should be marked in RED
or something as without this it seems to work but misses out Kexi!!)

2) Part of the instruction for language selection ended "{your
language}" so I tries "{english}" and "english" with no results. The
correct instruction is "engb"!! (Again I think a clarification to this
point might help others.

But thanks guys - you may hear from me again if I get stuck with the
program.

Ian Whitfield