[Kexi] combo boxes

elvin ibbotson elvin.ibbotson at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 7 10:54:06 CET 2010

I am new to Kexi and trying to build my first database using it. I have a
problem with combo boxes:

I have a *contacts* table and a *projects* table where each project has one
client to be selected from the *contacts* table. I am trying to build a *
project* form with a combo box which would allow the client to be chosen
from a list of contact names, so I want to display *contact.name* in the
combo box (and all contact.names in the pull-down list) and store *
contact.id* in the project.client field. But I cannot see how to tie the *
contact.name* field to the *client* combo box in the *project* form (which
is tied to the *projects* table). This seems a very basic operation but does
not seem to be documented in the handbook. I found a similar question in the
mailing list archive bu no answer. Can anyone help please?

elvin