[Kexi] Kexi on win 7!

Jaroslaw S kexipl at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 14:27:21 CET 2010

On 15 February 2010 12:50, Biswajit Dutta Baruah
<indianorthodoc at gmail.com> wrote:

> I had been using kexi to maintain a db of patients for research purpose
> for the last two years, and it has worked well. My senior colleague
> wanted the db transferred to a laptop running on windows 7. But it comes
> up with a mime error. I suspect it has something to do with windows
> registry.
>
> I am wondering if you know if kexi will run on win 7 and is there a way
> out of the mime error.

Kexi 1.x was not tested on Windows 7 (a it was unavailable at the time
in 2007).
This list is for the open source edition, where the first Kexi of 2
series for Windows is 2.2, in alpha stage, which should work. How did
you install it?

You can try to go to cmd.exe shell and run: kbuildsycoca4

 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek
 Kexi & KOffice (http://www.kexi-project.org, http://www.koffice.org)
 KDE Software Development Platform on MS Windows (http://windows.kde.org)