[Kexi] kexi queries

Tom Browder tom.browder at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 23:25:03 CET 2010

I just started experimenting with kexi after several years.  I
imported an Access db okay (data and structure fine, no queries were
imported, too bad).

I rebuilt a query for my one table but I can't get it to show data.
I'm sure I've done something dumb but I can't see the error.

My simplified buggy table looks something like this (the real db has
more fields):

fields:

firstname (text)
label (Yes/No)
death (text)

My query is:

SELECT name FROM buggy WHERE buggy.label = 'Yes' AND (buggy.death =
NULL OR buggy.death = '')

But I get no data results!  (I do on Access).

I am using the latest trunk version source that I built today.

I can send both database files (kexi and mdb) if anyone is interested.

Two immediate enhancements I believe are needed (I haven't looked at bugs yet):

1.  Remember the last directory used to open a file.
2.  Allow import from other file types than Access (I tried xslx and
tab-separated, kexi complained about both).

I am willing  and able to help with bug fixes but am brand new to the code base.

Thanks and regards,

-Tom

Thomas M. Browder, Jr.
Niceville, Florida