[Kexi] Re: Calligra Kexi and Meego

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 12:31:19 CET 2010

I am really excited the possibility of running Kexi in Tablet UX.
Although at this moment, there is no Tablet UX in Meego 1.1 SDK
however, once the phone UX is becoming to finalize then Tablet UX will
probably formulate very quickly.

I think right now, the strategy for Kexi in Meego is to try to build
it with Netbook UX in Meego 1.1 SDK.

There is alpha website for Meego Developer.

http://developer.meego.com/

User Name: meego
Password: developer

You can probably get the Meego 1.1 SDK for Ubuntu as mentioned in the
site and build Kexi or Calligra 2.4.

Right Android and iPad does not have good database application. Bento
in ipad is no so good. It is only 1 table per database. It is using
sqlite database format.

I think running Kexi in current form in Meego 1.1 SDK Netbook UX will
be good promotion for Kexi. This will excite the whole Meego community
and promote Kexi. It might get some attention from Nokia and Intel and
probably they will the further development effort interms of funds and
developer manpower.

Noli