[Kexi] Re: Kexi and Linux Mint

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Sat Dec 4 21:06:54 CET 2010

On 4 December 2010 18:59, Neil Winchurst <neil at pamneil.com> wrote:

> Thanks for that. When I install Mint I go to the Session and Startup
> menu where I can choose to launch either Gnome or KDE services at
> startup. Since I hate Gnome I choose KDE. So Kexi may not be slow the
> first time.
>
> Now I am just waiting for version 2 of Kexi to be finally ready. I
> suppose that I will need to install the Ubuntu version, yes?

Well, you want to follow releases in Ubuntu. Kexi 2.2 is already there
if you mean ubuntu 10.10

More at http://userbase.kde.org/KOffice/Download#Ubuntu_and_Kubuntu

By the way, I really encourage to add special Linux Mint section to
that page and
explain non-powerusers how to obtain KOffice for the distro, possibly
step by step.

 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek
 Kexi & KOffice (http://kexi-project.org, http://identi.ca/kexi,
http://koffice.org)