[Kexi] Building Unit tests for Kexi

Anu John anuu.tjohn at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 09:43:23 CET 2010

Hi Kexi Team,

Thanks for the wonderful product.I am facing couple of issues
in executing unit tests for Kexi:

1.I built Kexi in Ubuntu following the instructions in the below link.
http://wiki.koffice.org/index.php?title=Building/Building_KOffice
I added -DKDE4_BUILD_TESTS=ON  to the cmake command
so as to build the tests too.And then I did make test and make install.
I got the following :

anu-xavier at anu-xavier-laptop:~/Assmt5/Apps/koffice/build/kexi/tests$ make
test
Running tests...
Start processing tests
Test project /home/anu-xavier/Assmt5/Apps/koffice/build/kexi/tests
No tests were found!!!

Does this mean that there is no tests for Kexi or is it a wrong way?
If I am wrong can you please tell me where should I modify the procedure?

2.I found the following in the tests/newapi

 Usage: kexidbtest [Qt-options] [KDE-options] [options] driver_name
[db_name] [sql_statement]

Can you please give me an example of using the above command ?

Thanks,
Anu