[Kexi] Kexi Interest

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Fri Sep 4 00:05:43 CEST 2009

2009/9/3 Arthur Baldwin <eengnerd at yahoo.com>:
> One of my own strong desires is to see an MSAccess replacement that can
> handle the preservation of "mixed case names" for Tables, Queries, Forms,
> and Reports.  I think it would be acceptable to replace spaces with
> underscores, if it's too much hassle to maintain the spaces in names.
> PgAdmin3 allows you to create table names with mixed case in the GUI
> environment, and I understand that the PostGreSQL backend allows you to
> delimit the name with double quote marks in order to maintain things like
> mixed case and special characters.

Kexi supports captions in addition to names for table, queries, etc.
They just not appear in the project navigator _for now_.
The goal for this was to present the names in the same way as the
database server sees them.
Of course relevant options that affect display of names, are posible
to implement and that's in fact on out TODO list.

PS: could you please CC general discussion to kexi at kde.org next time?

 Kexi & KOffice (http://www.kexi-project.org, http://www.koffice.org)
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek