[Kexi] KDE: ODBC

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Wed Jan 21 20:41:05 CET 2009

Peter Harvey said the following, On 2009-01-19 21:10:

> Many years ago I contributed code to integrate ODBC into KDE. This
> included the KDE control panel for example. However; the structure of
> the KDE control panel changed radically soon after and the ODBC bits
> were pushed aside.
>
> I am interested in picking this effort up again and carrying it forward.
> I just moved the Qt-based GUI bits out of unixODBC and into a new
> project on source forge called unixODBC-GUI-Qt. My thinking is that this
> code could be the basis for some ODBC integration into KDE.

Peter,
I am looking forward to see your ideas implemented :)

BTW, At some level ODBC is a subject of research within Kexi, by Sharan Rao.
The goal here is not only to develop 1-to-1 frontend for unixODBC, which would
be rather straightforward (but still a lot of work and testing), but also some
interfaces that can enable interaction of ODBC layer with data definition and
data access interfaces like Predicate (aka KexiDB v2).

  Kexi & KOffice (http://www.kexi.pl/en, http://www.koffice.org/kexi)
  http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek