[Kexi] Maximum size and security of Kexi databases [was: Kexi information]

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Mon Feb 9 21:40:56 CET 2009

2009/2/9 Ben wrote:

> I am switching my website and small business systems to Linux but finding a
> suitable alternative to access is proving troublesome. I have done some
> reading on kexi but I have not found the information I require. If you could
> answer the following questions that would be excellent as kexi appears very
> appealing.
>
> 1) What is the max size of a Kexi database?
> 2) How many simultaneous users does Kexi support?
> 3) What are it's security features? IE: bit encryption, user access
> controls etc.
> 4) How does kexi perform over in a client-server network environment?

Hi Ben,
If you use file databases (SQLite-based), all properties of SQLite
applies to Kexi, i.e. please read e.g.
http://www.sqlite.org/whentouse.html

If you decide to use MySQL, PostgreSQL (or in the future -- 2.x --
series: MS SQL Server,  Oracle, Sybase, etc.), please refer to the
respective database's documentation on its capatibilities. Kexi
inherits these (main) capatibilities from the databases, although its
strategy is to strip down the features to a subset (although the
application can be extended for specialized use by developers).

For some related information please visit
http://kexi-project.org/wiki/wikiview/index.php@KexiComparisons.html