[Kexi] Query building query

Bob Mesibov mesibov at southcom.com.au
Wed Dec 23 22:34:46 CET 2009

I hope this isn't a dumb question - I'm new to Kexi!

Suppose I have a table with a field containing the name 'Jekyll' as 'Jekyll and Hyde', 'Hyde and Jekyll' and 'Jekyll'. I want to query the table for all records with the name 'Jekyll' somewhere.

If I set up a Kexi query using Text View, I can write a SELECT with the condition

WHERE table.field LIKE '%Jekyll%'

and get all the records.

I have tried different ways to do this in Design View, but my entries in the Criteria field are always taken literally. How do I do wildcards in Criteria?
--
Dr Robert Mesibov
Honorary Research Associate