[Kexi] Questions re Kexi

Dinbandhu dinbandhu at sprynet.com
Mon Jun 2 05:31:45 CEST 2008

Hello,

I have a few questions re Kexi:

1. All fields not accessible in data view of forms

I imported a table from .cvs with 25 columns, and the imported table
looks fine. But I just created a form in Kexi to go with it, and in the
design view of Kexi all the fields are present in the form. But in the
data view, there are only as many fields as fit on the visible screen.
There is no scrollbar for advancing down the screen to further columns,
so it is as if those fields do not even exist. But switching back to the
design view, all the fields are indeed there. How can I get all the
fields to be accessible in the forms data view?

2. A) How to get colored fonts in forms view. Where is the button for
changing the color of a font, in forms view?
   B) Once created on the form, do these colors convey over to the table
view.

3. 'unique' constraint

How do I add a 'unique' constraint onto a column at the time of doing
a .csv import? There doesn't seem to be any option for it in the import
preview window. And once the file is imported and you've got the kexi
table, the design view will not allow you to impose a 'unique'
constraint on any column. If you try to, it says it will delete all the
data on saving.

5. Is there a way to hide columns in a kexi table?

6. Is it possible to insert any columns either in between other columns
(preferred) or even just at the end of the table, after one has begun to
populate the table with data?

I have found that if, after having already entered some data in the
table, I try to then insert a column in design view, then at the time of
saving Kexi says it will delete all the data if I save the design.

In MS Access, one can insert a column anway--either in the middle of the
table or at the end, as one likes. Is this an option in Kexi?

Thank you,
Swarup