[Kexi] Kexi + Kugar

Matija Šuklje matija.suklje at rutka.net
Sun Jan 27 16:48:35 CET 2008

And another thing, that is either my fault or KexiReportPart's:

Since (as far as I understand) I can only use one query for a report, I have
put all of the relevant data into it. Which, coincidentally, means there are
a few fields that have the same name, but are located in different tables.

The problem that I get is that when I call these in the report separately I
always get the same entry. Although I select the right column in the "text"
dialog when I click "ok" it changes to the first one in the list with the
same column name.

Example:

Let's say I have three tables with one field with the same name (IRL I have
several of them, but the same goes for all). Let's name the
tables 'table1' 'table2' and 'table3' and the problematic fields in all of
them 'price'.

Let's say these are the values for these fields:
table1.price = 10
table2.price = 30
table3.price = 23

In the query the values are presented then as, which is correct:
price = 10
price = 30
price = 23

In the KexiReportPart's "text" properties dialog I get a list with:
<list of other fields>
price
<list of other fields>
price
<list of other fields>
price

If I then make three text fields and link each to the "price" column that is
below the one I selected before, this is what I expect to have:
text1 = price = 10 		(i.e. price 1)
text2 = price = 30		(i.e. price 2)
text3 = price = 23		(i.e. price 3)

...but this is what I get:
text1 = price = 10 		(i.e. price 1)
text2 = price = 10 		(i.e. price 1)
text3 = price = 10 		(i.e. price 1)

And when I go to "text2" and "text3" dialogs to change the column, I notice
that KexiReportPart changed the "price" column I chose to the
first/uppermost "price" column in the list. This happens every time, so I
have no means to change it to the right column.

Preferred solution:
Selecting the querried fields/columns in a way that it distinguishes between
tables. e.g. calling them "table1.price", "table2.price" and "table3.price"
(or something similar).

What I'm affraid I'll have to do:
Destroy my tables because I'll have to rename a few fields so they're
unambigious although they're in separate tables :/

Cheers,

Matija

--
gsm: +386 41 849 552