[Kexi] functions in queries

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Mon Feb 25 10:10:59 CET 2008

Björn Illner said the following, On 2008-02-19 22:34:
> Hello,
>
> I always get an syntax error message using the SUM function in a query.
> In a recent post I read that functional queries with INSERT etc. aren't yet
> supported in kexi.

Aggregation functions like SUM, AVG, MAX... are not related to INSERTs but
yes, neither these are supported for now (because aggregations are related to
yet unsupported GROUP BY clause).

> Just to make sure for an absolute beginner in sql: That means the SUM function
> isn't supportes as well?

Recently someone has approached us at #kexi IRC channel and received support
on how to perform SUM using Python script (thanks to knowledege provided in
example Kexi's Python scripts).

(Sebastian, do we have this script somewhere?)

I do encourage everyone to publish results of developing such extensions on
the mailing list.

> If so, when do you think it'll be supported by kexi, so I can get rid of ooo
> base ;-).

In 2.1 or later, but most probably before INSERTs.