[Kexi] Delete records from table (empty table)

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Wed Feb 13 10:08:04 CET 2008

John Jason Jordan said the following, On 2008-02-13 03:05:
> Kexi 1.1.3 (KOffice 1.6.3) (Using KDE 3.5.8) on Ubuntu Gutsy x86_64
>
> Back in the bad old MS Access days if I wanted to empty all records
> from a table I did so with a query. I have spent the past hour poking
> all over Kexi trying to figure out how to make a quick
> click-click-click way to empty a table of all records. Is it with a
> query? Do I have to learn SQL syntax to do so?

Hi
Execute python script that runs a "DELETE FROM mytable" query on your database.
Example scripts you can start with are available at
http://www.kde-files.org/index.php?xcontentmode=617
and should be also bundled with your Kexi or Kexi scripting package.

There is action like "Edit->clear table" but apaprently it is not provided for
assigning to a form button in the "assign actions" dialog.