[Kexi] How to import to kexi from OO Base?

Dinbandhu dinbandhu at sprynet.com
Tue Apr 22 16:26:27 CEST 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-22 at 14:56 +0200, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> Dinbandhu said the following, On 2008-04-22 14:38:
>
> > Ok -- here is the critical point. I exported from OO Base as a CSV file,
> > and was able to import the CSV file into Kexi. And in Kexi's import
> > preview window it gives a view of the table and how it will look after
> > it is imported. There everything is perfect. But when I actually run the
> > import, then anywhere in the original table where there is an empty
> > cell, there Kexi is not keeping it empty as it should but is rather
> > bringing in data from cells in the next column to the right. [...]
>
> If you have picked right delimiter and other options and you are (almost) sure
> there is still a bug, please file a bug report on bugs.kde.org. There, you can
> attach the problematic csv file (sometimes even one row is enough).

Before reporting a bug, may I just ask you: am I correct in thinking
that since the table is correctly shown in Kexi's preview window, and
only becomes wrong after the import operation is carried out, that this
suggests a problem inside Kexi? If there were errors in my delimiter
settings etc, then wouldn't one expect the preview view of the table in
Kexi to also have those same errors?

Thanks,
Swarup