[Kexi] [kexi] How to import to kexi from OO Base?

Jaroslaw Staniek js at iidea.pl
Tue Apr 22 09:19:35 CEST 2008

Dinbandhu said the following, On 2008-04-22 02:07:
> Hi,
> I have just found out about kexi and am excited to try it. I would like
> to import one of my databases from OpenOffice Base 2.3. I opened kexi,
> and the import option only seems to provide ready-made import of MS
> Access files. I'm sure there must be a way to import from OO Base. Could
> someone tell me the best way? I use OO in Linux Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty),
> and will be using kexi in Ubuntu Feisty as well.

Hello Dinbandhu,
Try to export your tables to a CSV format and then import them in Kexi. No
import option at higher level (whole databases) is available.
Regarding queries, you could try to copy their SQL statements.
Regarding forms, you'd need to recreate them by hand, as there is no common
file or XML format now we could share.