[Kexi] Trying to import an MS Access database

Dinbandhu dinbandhu at sprynet.com
Tue Apr 22 02:30:52 CEST 2008

Hi,
While I am waiting to find out how to import my OO Base database, I
thought I would try out Kexi in the mean time by importing using Kexi's
import wizard for importing an MS Access database. My computer has a
dual boot with Ubuntu Feisty, and Win98. On the Win98 partition I have
an MS Access database. And in my Ubuntu partition I have Kexi installed,
so there I started up Kexi, went into Kexi's import wizard and browsed
to and selected the MSA DB in my Win98 partition-- but upon clicking
"next", I got the following error message:

"Could not import database "/media/disk/My Documents/Win98
Pravacans/Database of Transcribed Provecans.mdb". This type is not
supported.

But it says in the import window for file types, "All Supported Files
*.mda,*.mdb,*.mde". So it should be supported. This seems to be the very
type of file which the import wizard is designed to import. So why isn't
it working?

Thanks,
Swarup