[Kexi] OpenSUSE packages

John Fields John.Fields at expo-online.com
Wed Sep 26 19:03:11 CEST 2007

For openSuSE users: you can also add the KDE backports repository to get
updates to kexi. From the description:

Newest versions of KDE applications backported to work with officially
supported KDE version. Works with newest KDE as well.

http://en.opensuse.org/Additional_YaST_Package_Repositories#KDE_Backport

After you add the repo and it syncs with zenworks, go into Software
Management in Yast and type in kexi in the search box.  You will notice
the version number *available* is now much higher than the stock
version!  Just tell Yast to update the package (I always get all of
Koffice which will include kexi).  Also check the ancillary db packages
if you need them - they may not be selected. Ouila! Updated kexi only a
few days behind releases.

Additionally, when updates to kexi hit the repository you will get
notified in the system tray, etc.

Cheers,
John Fields