[Kexi] Question about majors of libkexisql2

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Mon Nov 19 00:21:21 CET 2007

Thomas Zander said the following, On 2007-11-18 19:24:
> Neoclust;
> can you send an email to koffice-devel on where the packages can be found?
> KOffice alpha5 is coming out this week and maybe we can get a link to
> mandriva in there.

>>> The libs are private to kexi, so this is not going to be a problem.
>>> Please go ahead with this change.
>> yes, you can do this
>
> Jarosław,
>
> Can you update the relevant CMake files in koffice to do this?

done (r738459)

"sqlite2 is no longer supported by Kexi. Use Kexi 1.x to migrate to sqlite3 if
you need."

>>> didn't we agree on IRC a month or so ago that its actually more
>>> useful to use the platform sqlite installation instead of providing
>>> your own?
>> Only if by platform you mean KDE's sqlite. I've mentioned many times
>> that there is no platform sqlite except on newer Macs.
>
> No distro will ship a library if there are no applications depending on
> it.  So waiting for the distros tends to not work.
> Depend on the library and let distros ship it *because* you need it.

Is there a way to say "I accept sqlite 3.3.x and not 3.4.x" on compile time,
not the runtime?

I also have a good news: later (I hope for KOffice 2 stable) I would not need
some or even all the patches in sqlite, once similar are applied to the almost
new sqlite version.

>> Even then, we'd need more work than just changing a line in a cmake
>> file because sqlite is BIC format. SQLite is unusual in terms of
>> version numers.
>
> Hmm, we went over this before on IRC and the problems you have in mind are
> not really an issue is what we concluded back then.
> But ok, I don't want to repeat that conversation.  (23-aug on #koffice if
> you have logs)

I've read it again. It was a talk about an issue with sqlite versioning.
I would like to have sqlite versions well separated by distros: one format
-from another.
However, as kexidb goes outside of Kexi and KOffice (after requests from 3rd
party devs), sqlite will be outside as well.