[Kexi] Autofield Checkboxes

Andy Choens andy.choens at gmail.com
Sun May 6 01:29:22 CEST 2007

I have a database, and it works very well. I also have developed a
multi-tabbed form, and it ALMOST works.

I need to fill in (rapidly) a bunch of survey data so I can see what I have
learned. I have many Yes/No questions in my survey, so I have many Boolean
fields in the database.

If I open up the database directly, the boolean fields work fine, but through
the form they don't work correctly at all. In contrast, the text boxes, combo
boxes, etc all work perfectly. If I can figure out what I am doing wrong with
the check-boxes, I am home free. As it is, I am starting to feel a little
frustrated. Before anyone asks, I am running the newest version of Kubuntu
(Feisty) and I am using Kexi 1.1.2 that is part of KOffice 1.6.2 on KDE
3.5.6.

I will attempt to describe what my problem is. I have the same experience if I
use the Autofields or if I put in check-boxes myself.

I can go through and check true on all of my checkboxes, and then save my
changes, and I can watch as some of them decide to no longer be true. In
other words, Kexi seems to be unchecking things for me. I have double checked
and I don't seem to have two check-boxes pointed at the same variable or
anything silly like that.

Needless to say, this makes managing my data rather difficult, and I may have
to find another program for this project. But, I'd rather not because I
really like KExi (very user friendly & FAST compared to OOo) and I have
already invested considerable time into building this solution with Kexi.

If anyone can help me figure out what I'm doing wrong, I would really
appreciate it. If checkboxes are messed up right now in Kexis, that's cool
too . . somebody just tell me and I'll try using Kexi on the next project.
But, right now I need to roll this out and get this information collected.

If you need more info, ask and I shall provide. I can even send you the .kexi
file since there is not identifying info in the database itself.

Thanks
--andy