[Kexi] Basic (?) questions on Queries

Paul Thomas pw1517 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 1 22:32:01 CET 2007

Hi Jaroslaw,

Thanks for your prompt and very detailed answers. All this seems promising
and encourages spending some time in using kexi.

My primary goal is to "migrate" an MS access database with t0 tables, three
of them with +/- 10 000 lines. A dozen of queries, some of them quite
complex (cartesian, union + embedded queries). A good exercise to start
with...

I've been looking at OOO base and kexi:
1. No doubt kexi offers the best way to transfer data from an MS access
database. On top of that, OOO mdb connexion has some difficulties handling
non latin1 character sets;
2. Also no doubt that kexi is far superior performance-wise.

Now, the points I raise dearlier seem to be already available with OOO. but
you provided me good information and that could be enough to go. I still
would like the "not yet" be transformed in "included" in the near future,
but I understand that the qt4/kde4 migration is a big thing.

Thanks again,

Paul