[Kexi] Basic (?) questions on Queries

Paul Thomas pw1517 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 1 20:20:20 CET 2007

Hello,

This is the first post I make on this list.

1. I tried to find out wether one can create queries based on more than one
occurence of a table. For example, if I only have one table "Names"
containing a liat of names (e.g. "Jones" "Doe"), the way to build a query
displaying all possible pairs of names would be something like:

SELECT names.name names_1.name AS name_1 FROM names, names AS names_1;

This works when entered in SQL mode, not in Design mode where it seems that
one table can be added only once. Am I wrong? Is it by design?

2. Can I build a query on a query?

3. Can a query create a table or appen rows to an existing table?

4. Not related to queries, but how would you recommend creating a report
based on a kexi table or base ?

My apologies if those questions have already been answered in this list. I
tried to find them bu could not.

Thank you in advance,

Paul