[Kexi] Some actions do not require table removing now

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Sun Jan 21 20:50:33 CET 2007

On Saturday 20 January 2007 20:03, you wrote:
> Jarosław Staniek wrote:
> > FYI:
> > NEW FEATURE in Kexi 1.1.2 (now available in Subversion only):
> > Some actions do not require table removing now in Kexi's Table Designer.
> >
> > These are actions related to changing the following properties:
> > - field's caption
> > - description
> > - text width
> > - defaultValue
> > - visible decimal places
>
> I just tried the latest svn version and I still have to delete all the
> datas to change these properties. Is it not enabled by default ?

One note is about 'caption' property: field's name follows all changes made to
its caption. Because 'name' is a property that physically changes table
schema, changing the caption may look like 'caption' also this kind of
modification. The (temporary) solution is to only change caption.

How?

After changing the caption, click on 'name' property listed in the property
editor, and click on the "revert" button on the right hand. The field's name
will be reverted to the original value, without affecting the current value
of 'caption'. You can do that for as many fields as you want.