[Kexi] decimal places

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Mon Jan 8 12:59:23 CET 2007

wayne said the following, On 2007-01-07 21:19:

>> Unlike in table view, form input fields have no "visible decimal places"
>> implemented yet. I will try to add this for 1.1.2.
>> Current behaviout is that if you enter an integer value, no decimal
>> separator and zeros will be displayed (while for table view it can be
>> set up to display trailing zeros).
>
> I'm entering currency into Kexi so I need 2 decimal places.

I can add an 'set number of decimal places' option to ksqlite_add_column tool.
But I need to fix displaying fixed decimal in forms.
Is this enough?

>>> Also, how does one determine if a floating point number is single or
>>> double precision when using the "ksqlite_add_column" script? It can't
>>> be changed once it's created.
>> The default subtype of the floating-point type is double precision. I'd
>> suggest to always keep this (for current hardware it's not a problem I
>> guess). Then you'll get good precision like 12.4 is just stored and
>> displayed 12.4 and not as 12.3999996185303 (the case for
>> single-precision subtype).
>
> When I added a new column, it automatically chose single precision. I will
> delete it and try again.

That's weird, as _you_ explicitely provide the column's type. For example, to
add a 'price' column of double precision to 'cars' table, type:

./ksqlite_add_column db.kexi cars price Double