[Kexi] designing forms, binding forms to database

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Wed Feb 21 23:05:29 CET 2007

Kexi Dude said the following, On 2007-02-21 22:49:

> Looks bad Jaro.  I posted my concerns on the Kubuntu forums.  The
> philosophy appears to be this: The Kubuntu 6.06 LTS Dapper Drake Distro
> (that I am using) is not going to be updated with the latest software.
> Only the newest release gets that.  So right now Feisty Fawn is getting
> the new Kexi, but no plans for Dapper.   That leaves me out in the cold
> unless I'm willing to upgrade operating systems every 6 months, which
> I'm not.  I have found Open Office Base to be far more usable at this
> point on my Distro, so I am switching over to that and abandoning Kexi.
> Maybe in a couple of years I'll check back with it.  Sorry Jaro.  This
> is a Kubuntu decision, not mine.  I suppose Microsoft has nothing to
> worry about from the Linux community with this sort of stuff going on. :(

Indeed, seems that people start new distributions without any sane release
process in mind. Many people that make their distro obsolete after one year or
so (and thus harm users like you), piss off Microsoft's for releasing service
packs and maintaining backward compatibility... ;)

What's left?
At least Fedora provides good updates, not to mention SUSE - I've just updated
"download" section for Fedora. The two distros are company-based, that's maybe
an important factor.

In the same time (checked today), Mandriva is dead for us - offers Kexi 1.0 beta.

Thanks for your interest.