[Kexi] commandline troubles Kexi-MySQL

Vern temp at maccorp.us
Wed Dec 12 18:33:14 CET 2007

Hello,
I am testing the Kexi 2007.1.1 demo in windows xp, connecting to a MySQL
server on LAN. I hope you can help with this problem. I have created the
kexi db on the server and can connect and edit tables etc. I cannot connect
properly via commandline when trying to open a form directly in user mode. I
have read about the subject on the wiki but must be making mistakes. The
closest I can manage is to get kexi to open, but then I must use the dialogs
to "Select Existing Database Server's Connection From the List Below" which
is under the dialog tab "Open Existing Project", enter my password, and then
"Select a project on DBPUTER database server to open" . This is the commad I
used to get that far:
"kexi-demo.exe --user-mode --open form:testform --user xyz --host DBPUTER"

I have also tried:
"kexi-demo.exe --user-mode --open form:testform --dbdriver mysql --user
xyz --host DBPUTER --project:testkexi2", plus every variation of this that I
can think of, and these produce no result at all. Kexi does not start.

Info:
connection name: testkexi2
project name: test2
Host machine: MySQL 5.0 on windows98