[Kexi] Wrapping text in text editors and buttons

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Mon Aug 27 00:19:32 CEST 2007

Dani Valverde said the following, On 2007-08-26 20:45:
> Is it possible to wrap the text in a widget? I have tried the text
> editor (as posted before) but it does not work (maybe I don't know how
> to do it).

By default, newly inserted "Text Editor" widget should have set up the
following properties:
- "Word Wrapping" property == "Widget's Width"
- "Word Wrap Policy" == "At Word Boundary"

 > Moreover, how can I wrap the text in a button?

There is no such property for Kexi's buttons. Neither for Qt/KDE.
However, you can use multiline text. In Kexi to do this, write this text in
any text editor, copy it to clipboard and double click the widget so text
editor appears, and paste the multiline text.

The fact that Qt/KDE has no support for this feature for so many years
suggests that probably it is enough to use additional label widgets or so if
you really need to provide more textual information near the button.

On the other hand, we could ass "tool tip" and "what's this" properties for
all kexi widgets in Kexi 2.0. As usual, please add a wish for this ;)