[Kexi] Combo boxes, tables and forms

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Fri Aug 24 10:49:30 CEST 2007

Dani Valverde pisze:

> I would like to build a form with its data source table, but having a
> combo box that takes the data from another table and stores it in the
> form data source table. How can I do it? Until now, I have only seen
> combo boxes that take the data from the same form's data source.

Hello,
Have you seen this example?
http://kde-files.org/content/show.php/Simple+Database?content=23137

You can pick _other_ table which contain column that you display in the combo
box contents. After each selection made in the combo widget, this is in effect
no less than copying the data (so called bound column, usually and ID) from
the "other" related table to the table being data source of your form.

If you're looking for something more complicated, please explain this using
detailed example or so.