[Kexi] Kexi cannot access PostgreSQL databases anymore in Ubuntu

Nicola Larosa nico at tekNico.net
Fri Sep 22 16:15:26 CEST 2006

Martin Ellis wrote:
> No, no,  I think you must be looking at the Kexi packages from Breezy,
> or something.
>
> Igor's name was on packages from when he was the Debian
> maintainer for Kexi, and packages were rebuilt in Ubuntu without
> changing the maintainer name.

I was actually looking at the Launchpad Kexi page:

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/kexi/

Igor is still listed as maintainer, someone may want to update that. :-)

>> That's what I did. The text in my first email was the one I wrote
>> in the bug (ticket, issue, whatever) I created in Launchpad. The
>> URL is at the end of that email.

> Ah, yes, sorry.  Those mails usually have bug number in the subject.
>
> Apparently, this is due to the PostgreSQL packages being in Universe.
> KOffice is in main, and therefore can't depend on packages from
> universe.
>
> I've added this to the wiki:
> http://www.kexi-project.org/wiki/wikiview/index.php?KnownErrorsInKexiPackages

I see you removed Jonathan too from Cc; is there someone else in Ubuntu
that I could contact, or is it just wait and see now? :-)

--
Nicola Larosa - http://www.tekNico.net/

Be the change that you want to see in the world. -- Mahatma Gandhi