[Kexi] Importing databases ...

David Love zed at zed.net.nz
Sun Sep 17 06:55:09 CEST 2006

Firstly, thank you to Jaroslaw Stanick and Sebastian Sauer for their
response to my original plea for assistance.  It is much appreciated.

However, because of my absolute ignorance of how to do things in Linux
I'm still a "very frustrated" geriatric :-)

I downloaded 35251-copyCentre, as suggested.  Extracted it and then
got lost.  I *thought* it would automatically be extracted to root but
it wasn't but appears in my user account.  Taking a gamble, I opened
Kexi and went to import (hoping that copyCentre would be active) only
to find that it wasn't an import option.

I am *completely and utterly* lost.  So can someone please advise me
how to get this to work.  As I have stated, I am lost with Linux, so
would appreciate advice in the form of:

(a) Do this
(b) and the do this
(c) which installs 35251-copy Centre

You should then

(d) Open Kexi and
(e) Do this
(f) and This
(g) and the database should be imported successfully

My apologies for beings so *abject* but I feel so frustrated.

Regards from New Zealand on a very pleasant Spring evening

David
--
David Love
The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up.