[Kexi] Importing database ...

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Thu Sep 14 09:56:58 CEST 2006

David Love said the following, On 2006-09-14 06:16:

> I have migrated from the RISC OS platform, using an Acorn RiscPC
> computer.  Over the years I have developed several databases which, in
> addition to the native format are able to be exported as either CSV or
> TSV files.  Is there any way I can import these into Kexi?

David,
CSV format (and TSV what's a version of CSV) is supported natively in Kexi
within its GUI. Table is created after you import a single file. For more
options take a look here http://kexi-project.org/pics/1.0/csv_import.png
There are import and export commands in File menu, and copy/paste "special"
commands in Edit menu, so using clipboard is also an option that can speed up
your work.

To be honest - what's not yet suported is to importing additional data to
already-existing table.