[Kexi] Formatting Time Field

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Fri Oct 20 22:57:42 CEST 2006

kevinsrea said the following, On 2006-10-20 18:42:

> anyway, how do i format the time field not to have seconds at the end ?
> and, the date is formatted with   yyyy/mm/dd, i think, .. .how do i change
> it to    mm/dd/yy    or   /yyyy

The default format for displaying dates and times is the same as you have set
in the KDE Control Centre: Regional->Country/Region&Language->Time&Dates.

For example I changed YY-MM-DD on my machine to YYYY-MM-DD with no problem.

Currently you cannot change the display format for datatypes in Kexi. You
could perform a dirty chage by adjusting the format in the Control Centre's
global settings as mentioned above. Do not forget to restart Kexi after doing
the adjustments.

> and, are there any other sample databases out there in kexi other than the
> simple database and the photos database ?

Currently none AFAIK. Everything what's provided needs to be reasonable and
self-contained, so half-baked databases are kept privately until these evolve
into something interesting.