[Kexi] how to set date field to default to todays date and..

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Fri Oct 20 22:30:20 CEST 2006

kevinsrea said the following, On 2006-10-20 22:06:
> how do you set a date field to default to todays date when the user enters a
> new record,
> and...
> how do you set a time field to default to the current time when a user
> enters a new record ????

It's currently unsupported. May be supported in 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 as wa all do
recognize importance of this.

One thing we need to think about is the compatiblility with future versions,
where any function (e.g. written in Python) could be set as the default.

Hmm, In MSA you need to browse through the functions to find Now() and put it
as default. I think about having a simple combobox, where you can just select
"Current date"/"Current time" item, or optionally enter your fixed value or
(in the future) a function.

I do appreciate any comments.