[Kexi] parameter query

Bruce Hohl brucehohl at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 18 13:26:38 CEST 2006

Is it possible to create a "parameter" query in Kexi
which will ask the user to input a value to be used in
the query.  (I want to create this query using the
query design tool.)

As an example in MS Access I would use the following
SQL to achieve this:  SELECT DISTINCTROW
tblItemMaster.ITEM, tblItemMaster.ITEM_DESC,
tblItemMaster.TOT_ROLCST, tblItemMaster.PRICE FROM
tblItemMaster WHERE (((tblItemMaster.ITEM)=[enter
part]));

In Access my parameter is "[enter part]".
Thanks for any help with this.