[Kexi] Searches in forms

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Tue Nov 28 15:01:14 CET 2006

wayne said the following, On 2006-11-27 01:49:

> How does one do searches while in a form? I can do searches in Query mode
> but the data in this view is very difficult to visualize. I can match the
> ID# in the search query with the corresponding record number in form view
> but there must be a simpler way to do this.

In Kexi 1.1.1 or newer, to get an input box where you can enter a criteria
whenever your form is opened, create a parametrized query with criteria
defined like [Enter name]. Then, "Enter name" message box will be displayed in
the input box.
Note that data in your form will be not editable with current Kexi version if
you mase the form on a query instead of a table.

There's no search box nor filter yet.

There's an example query 'Owners by age' available in the new, updated,
Simple_database.kexi example [1]. Open the query in the design or SQL view to
learn how the parameter is defined.

[1] http://kde-files.org/content/show.php?content=23137