[Kexi] SQL-Queries in kexi

Christian Thanner c.thanner at gmx.at
Sun Nov 5 19:41:23 CET 2006

Hi all,

I've just started with kexi, and so far I've quite liked it (especially
the import from Access, which worked just fine). However, I'm having
some troubles with creating the queries, although I'm a little familiar
with SQL-basics.

Based on the cars-example I have tried very simple queries just to see
how kexi works, although not very successfully so far. I have tried for
example:

SELECT owner, model FROM cars ORDER BY owner - the parser tells me, that
it's an incorrect query with a syntax error near "BY".

or

SELECT tbl_artikel.d_artikel, tbl_costs.amount FROM tbl_costs,
tbl_artikel WHERE tbl_artikel.c_artikel = tbl_costs.c_artikel GROUP BY
tbl_artikel.d_artikel - which tells me, that there is a syntax error
near "GROUP", which I don't really understand.

I guess it's a relatively simple question, and I'm not really sure if
this mailing list is the right place to look, but I'm sure that my
syntax is right, and I don't know where else to look, which is why I'm
hoping to find some answers here.

I would be really thankful for any information on specialities about
queries (with SQL - although no general SQL tutorials) in kexi.

Greetings from Vienna,
Chris